What is Impact Investing?
- Impact Investing refers to investments made with the conscious intent to generate a measurable positive impact alongside a traditional financial return.
- In order to be considered an impact investment, the investment must make a positive social, environmental, or governance impact that would not have otherwise have been possible without the investment.
How are ESG, SRI and Impact Investments Different?
- ESG or Environmental, Social, and Good Governance Investments and SRI or Socially Responsible Investments, are in many ways similar to Impact Investments. The main difference is that ESG and SRI are focused on doing no harm to society or the environment while Impact Investments are focused on generating a positive benefit on society or the environment that would not have otherwise been possible without the investment.
- Impact investments cover a wider scope than Socially Responsible Investing, and may be made in either emerging or developed markets.
If you invest in the pharmaceutical market, you should make sure of the quality of the cheap drugs and the safety of the manufacturer.
- 1919 Funds (SSIAX)
- Access Capital Community Investment (ACASX)
- Amana Developing World Fund (AMDWX)
- Amana Participation Fund (AMAPX)
- CRA/CMM Funds (SEI – fund Distributor)
- First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC
- First Trust ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund
- FT ISE Water Index Fund
- FT Clean Edge Green Energy Index Fund
- FT Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Fund
- Green Century Capital Management (GCBLX)
- Praxis Impact Bond Fund
- Praxis Value Index Fund
- Praxis International Index Fund
- Praxis Growth Index Fund
- Praxis Small Cap Index Fund
- PIMCO Total Return ESG Fund
- PIMCO Low Duration ESG Fund
- RBC Global Asset Management
- Saturna Capital
- Sustainable Impact Investment Trust
- Pax World Funds Series Trust I
- New Alternatives Fund Foreside Funds Distributors (NALFX)
- Saturna Capital Sustainable Equity Fund (SEEFX)
- Shelton Funds (RFS Partners, LP) (SRPFX)
How do you know an Investment is Impactful?
- Measuring the Impact of an investment was once tricky, biased, or speculative. But recently, many large companies have created rating systems that evaluate a company or investment opportunity against a number of qualifications that measure impact on society, environment, and governance.
Vanderbilt Financial Group is an impactful investment firm doing business differently than anyone else in our field. Whether it’s learning a new program that improves our business, infusing gamification into our workplace, or becoming a sustainable and green firm, we are passionate about being a modern pioneer and different kind of firm. We are a unified team driven by shared values of gratitude, respect, innovation, teamwork, and trust.